Frequently asked questions about Jøtul products
- Can I buy parts or stoves direct from the factory?
No. All retail sales must be made through one of our Authorized Dealerships. Jøtul North America does not sell direct from its factory.
- Will a Jøtul stove heat my entire home?
The ability of one of our stoves to heat your home depends on many different factors such as; how large your home is, what the R-value of your home is, where the stove will be placed, what sort of floor plan you have, how cold the climate is in your area, what type and quality of wood you burn, and what size Jøtul you're looking at. Each of our heaters refers to a heating capacity in square feet. This figure is given for an average home in a moderate climate with an open floor plan. You will have to adjust up or down depending on your individual situation. Your Jøtul dealer should be able to help you with this.
- Can a Jøtul Gas stove be converted from LP to Natural Gas?
Yes, it is possible to convert the gas types of all of our current gas models. The authorized dealer from which you purchased the stove MUST make the change for you - it is not something you can do yourself.
- Why do I get smoke in to the room?
- Wood quality: Wood with a lot of moisture can cause more smoke than the chimney can take away.
- Air systems like air condition, bath room or kitchen fans might take their need of air from the chimney (negative draft).
- Operating errors: always open the damper and primary air control before you reload the stove - open the door slowly.
- Flue pipes: remember that elbows (90 degree) and long horizontal flue pipes makes restrictions on the draft.
- To short chimney gives not enough draft for the fireplace
- To cold chimney can cause none - or negative draft.
- Flue liner must be correctly connected to the fireplace and the chimney - and have the right dimension.
- Can I purchase my stove directly from Jøtul North America?
- No, you will have to purchase your Jøtul stove trough a local dealer in your country. Please use the find a dealer locator to find a Jøtul dealer near you.
- Can an old traditional stove become a clean burn unit by just simply changing some parts?
- No, this can not be done.
- How often do I need to clean the ashes out of my wood stove?
How often you clean out your depends on how often you burn it. A good rule of thumb is always keep at least 1-2 inches of ash covering the bottom of your stove at all time.
Jøtul GF 400 DV and BV Sebago in Majolica brown enamel