Select a country
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Seasoned wood/heating advice
Lighting the fire
Chimneys and draught conditions
Efficiency and Heat output
Frequently asked questions about Jøtul products
How much heat do I need for my room / house?
With a head room of 2.4 meters you will need 60 to 70 watt per sqm
How big a stove do I need?
This depends on:
- the size of your house
- the insulation of your house
- the design of your house
- your desire for the pleasure of the flames or the heat output
I do not get any heat from the stove – what is wrong?
Wood quality (moisture content must be around 20%)
- Chimney draught (too high)
- Operating errors (read the manual for operating instructions)
- House construction (insulation, roof height….)
- Too small a stove
Why do I get smoke into the room?
Wood quality: Wood with a lot of moisture can cause more smoke than the chimney can take away.
- Air systems like air condition, bathroom or kitchen fans might take their need of air from the chimney (negative draught). In these cases you must bring outside air into the fireplace.
- Operating errors: always open the damper and primary air control before you reload the stove - open the door slowly.
- Flue pipes: remember that elbows and horizontal flue pipes make restrictions on the draught.
- Too short a chimney gives not enough draught for the fireplace
- Too cold a chimney can cause none - or negative draught.
- Flue liner must be correctly connected to the fireplace and the chimney - and have the right dimension.
Can I purchase my stove directly from Jøtul?
- No, you will have to purchase your Jøtul stove trough a local dealer in your area.
Can an old traditional stove become a clean burn unit by just simply changing some parts?
- No, this can not be done.
Can I get spare parts for my old Jøtul stove?
- Jøtul will have spare parts in stock for all products at least 10 years after the last production date.
What is good quality wood?
- You will find more information about this under
How do I know if I have a good draught in my chimney?
- This can be measured by your local dealer.
- A sufficient draught is measured to between 10 to 20 Pascal. (1 to 2 mm water column.)
My stove has a short burn time – why?
- Wood load: Large pieces will burn longer than small pieces. Use hard wood that has been cut, split and stored at a dry place approx 12 months.
- Too strong a draught in the chimney which gives insufficient combustion.
- Operating errors: Primary air control should be slowly adjusted toward the closed position, and then finally closed after the fire is established.
- Do not burn with the ash pan door open at a longer period of time - it will cause over firing of the fireplace.
Clean wood burning
Best Heating product!
Jøtul F 602 in Black Paint
Jøtul have received this award two years running, with Jøtul F 470 winning in 2010
Internet Policy - Consumers
See more products from the JøtulGroup: